"The greatest wealth is health."
A preventive and holistic approach to care.
A key component to treatment at Connect Health is an integrative physician consultation.
During a consultation, you will meet with one of our integrative physicians who will take the time to get to know you, clarify your main areas of concern, conduct physical examinations (as needed), and introduce you to a variety of beneficial therapies.
Our integrative physicians are MDs trained in both conventional and complementary approaches, and have a keen understanding of how to successfully merge the strengths of both. They take a preventive and holistic approach to care, working with you to determine primary stressors and root causes of illness in order to return the body to a state of health and enhance your natural capacity to heal.
They offer a wide range of evidence-based therapies, striving to employ natural and non-invasive methods whenever possible, while at the same time ensuring that important and proven conventional treatments are not excluded. During your assessment they will address the core areas of nutrition, fitness and mind/body connection in order to develop a complete and well-rounded integrative care plan.
Integrative consultations can benefit those who want to:
- Manage a chronic condition such as diabetes, heart disease, pain, depression, or weight issues.
- Address a major medical event such as surgery, cancer, or heart attack.
- Discover natural and holistic methods of healing.
- Maintain and enhance your health and well-being for the long term.
An integrative consultation consists of:
- An initial physician visit.
- Follow-up visit(s).
- Ongoing collaboration with other practitioners from our health care team.
Initial Physician Visit
This first visit includes a careful review of your primary concerns and health history, a physical examination (as needed), and the discussion of further investigations and diagnostic tests, as indicated. Following this consult, your physician and health care team can begin to formulate the basis for a strategy of care.
*Additional fees may apply for certain investigations.
During your follow-up visits, your integrative physician will continue to monitor progress and concerns, collaborating with you and relevant multi-disciplinary team members in order to develop a personalized health plan.
Please bring the following to your first visit:
- Completed Connect Health intake form. Please take the time to carefully fill out your intake form and bring it to your first appointment. The information provided in this form is essential to assessment and treatment.
- Completed Connect Health consent form.
- Current medications and supplements. Please bring these in their original bottles (preferred), or a typed list of these items (including dosages).
- Copies of your relevant medical records and diagnostic test results. (You may also arrange to have these to be sent to us prior to your appointment). These results will help us better assess your circumstances in order to prescribe the most effective treatment modalities for you.
- Your questions and concerns. These are of primary importance to us, and we will take the time to listen and fully understand your needs in order to respond with the most suitable care.
To book an integrative physician consultation, contact us.
*Please note that this is a consultative service only and as such we do not assume the role of primary care provider. We will, however, work in conjunction with your primary care provider in order to create a truly integrated treatment plan.